- We moved 85 people to remote a week before the news really hit. See the video here.
- Insisted employees use the video on most calls and all meetings. It humanizes them, dissolves remote feeling, and warms the conversation because of setting, pets, kids, etc.
- Implemented a daily company bulletin. Birthdays, client news, employee shoutouts, humor/ memes. Everyone loves it. Makes employees feel connected.
Here’s one of the memes:
- We insisted everyone keep all standard weekly meetings. No loss of process & workflow. Kept up communications. Helped employees keep busy and stay with their routines.
- Management check-ins. I as the CEO have been calling every employee personally. Speaking to people I never really knew. It gives me a chance to express appreciation, and I have learned a
lot about the specific things individuals are working on. IT makes ME more connected than I ever was in the office, and I am getting feedback about how appreciated it is.